'' The company was originally founded in 1819 as Johnston & Co. Since that time it has existed through some of the most exciting events in Irish history and has grown to become the main supplier in Ireland of books, newspapers and magazines. It was in the heady days of Parnell and the Land League that Charles Eason and his son acquired the business from W.H. Smith in 1886.
Today, Eason and Son have more than 60 outlets in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, the flagship being our store in O’Connell Street, Dublin. Throughout the island of Ireland, our shops stock an extensive range of books, newspapers, magazines, greeting cards, and stationery. Some shops, including our Dungarvan Store, also stock music, video, DVD’s, toys, and computer accessories. For more information visit our website.''